81 Providence St, Worcester, MA 01604
First organized as the Worcester County Manual Labor High School by a group of the leading men of Worcester, the school was renamed in 1844. Later reorganized as a boys' school, the academy again admitted girls into the student body in 1974. The campus includes six buildings listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The academy's successful preparatory program combines academics, athletics and the arts. The curriculum includes clear requirements in the major disciplines and, through a full array of Advanced Placement courses, enables students to enroll in course sections appropriate to their abilities. Instruction in studio art, various aspects of drama, chorus and instrumental ensemble are part of the regular curriculum, and there is a strong emphasis on performance. Seniors may earn credit for internships with local theaters. Boys and girls perform a total of 60 compulsory hours of community service in grades 9-12. WA fields interscholastic teams at both the varsity and the junior varsity levels, as well as at the middle school level. All academic buildings and dorms are networked for wireless Internet access, and each student receives a laptop computer. The academy's urban location enables its students to take full advantage of the collegiate, university and cultural facilities of Worcester.
|Academic Orientation||College Preparatory|
|Grade Range||Boarding — Coed Grades 9-PG; Day — Coed 6-12|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||81 Providence St, Worcester, MA 01604|
|Administrator||Ronald M. Cino|