Western Reserve Academy
115 College St, Hudson, OH 44236
Established as the preparatory school of Western Reserve College, the academy took over the plant when the college moved to Cleveland in 1882. The affiliation between the two institutions continued until 1903, when the academy closed for lack of funds. Endowed in 1910 by James W. Ellsworth and reopened in 1916, the school came to more vigorous life in 1926 when it was reorganized on the Ellsworth Foundation with a trust fund of four million dollars. Reserve has traditionally placed its major emphasis on college preparation. The academy offers a number of Advanced Placement courses, and its drama and music programs send some students on to advanced professional study. Courses for college credit at Kenyon College, independent study options and a variety of exchange programs are also available.
|Academic Orientation||College Preparatory|
|Grade Range||Boarding and Day — Coed Grades 9-PG|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||115 College St, Hudson, OH 44236|