University Liggett School
1045 Cook Rd, Grosse Pointe Woods, MI 48236
ULS came into being when the Liggett School and Grosse Pointe University School merged in 1969. The Liggett School, founded by Rev. James D. Liggett in 1878, was the oldest coeducational independent school in Michigan. The Grosse Pointe University School was the result of a 1954 consolidation of the Detroit University School and the Grosse Pointe Country Day School. While most pupils are from the Grosse Pointes, a significant number come to the school's 40-acre campus from Detroit and elsewhere in southeastern Michigan. The curriculum provides honors courses in all fields and also meets the needs of the average student. Boys and girls must participate in athletics and the creative and performing arts, and all seniors complete a month-long independent project or internship in the spring.
|Academic Orientation||College Preparatory|
|Grade Range||Day — Coed Grades PS (Age 3)-12|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||1045 Cook Rd, Grosse Pointe Woods, MI 48236|
|Administrator||Joseph P. Healey|