The Westminster Schools
1424 W Paces Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30327
Originally the North Avenue Presbyterian School (established in 1909), the institution assumed its present name and became nondenominational in 1951. Shortly thereafter, the school relocated to the northwest section of the city. Westminster later merged with Washington Seminary, founded in 1878. Located on 180 acres, Westminster maintains a strong academic program. Pupils study either Spanish or French throughout elementary school, in classes taught entirely in the target language. Eighth graders enroll in semester-long workshops in writing and economics. The high school program features a wide range of Advanced Placement courses and extensive offerings in art, debate, drama and music, as well as options for credit through off-campus and summer programs. Technology is integrated across the curriculum, and students use the Internet on classroom computers and mobile wireless carts to conduct research and online projects at all levels. In addition to daily devotionals and classroom discussions in the early grades, Bible instruction includes a required semester course in grade 7 and electives in high school. The school emphasizes service learning at all grade levels, featuring programs in urban studies in grade 5 and philanthropy in grade 12.
|Academic Orientation||College Preparatory|
|Grade Range||Day — Coed Grades K-12|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||1424 W Paces Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30327|
|Administrator||William Clarkson IV|