The Webb School
319 Webb Rd E, PO Box 488, Bell Buckle, TN 37020
The school was founded in Culleoka by William R. Webb, active in educational, religious, political, social and community affairs and affectionately known as "Old Sawney." His brother, John M. Webb, joined the school in 1874 and served as coprincipal from that time until his death in 1916. Through the united efforts of the two brothers, the school soon attracted boys from all over the South and became a center of influence in the region. In 1886, the school was moved from Culleoka to its present location at Bell Buckle. William R. Webb, Jr., son of Old Sawney, joined the faculty in 1897, became a principal along with his father and his uncle in 1908, and took over as sole principal in 1926, upon the death of his father. During the years of his service, the school began to develop its present dormitory system. Webb is situated on 145 acres in a rural setting, and school facilities have been improved and enlarged over the years. Academically, the college preparatory program is structured. In a small-class setting, Webb conducts a two-track system that enables boys and girls to take accelerated classes (including Advanced Placement courses) in areas of particular academic strength. An extensive college counseling program begins early in each student's career at Webb. Among the school's activities is an outdoor education program that provides opportunities for leadership.
|Academic Orientation||College Preparatory|
|Grade Range||Boarding — Coed Grades 7-PG; Day — Coed 6-12|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||319 Webb Rd E, PO Box 488, Bell Buckle, TN 37020|
|Administrator||Raymond S. Broadhead|