The Knox School
541 Long Beach Rd, St James, NY 11780
Established as a girls' school in Briarcliff Manor by Mary Alice Knox, the school occupied quarters in Tarrytown and Cooperstown before settling at its present campus, a 48-acre estate on Long Island’s North Shore, in 1954. Knox first enrolled boys in 1973. The school’s structured college preparatory program, which is rooted in the liberal arts, features small classes, flexible scheduling and a varied curriculum. Course work in the visual and performing arts is integral to the program. Knox offers a full range of opportunities in athletics, including an extensive equestrian program. Boys and girls accumulate 25 hours of required community service prior to graduation. Its proximity to New York City enables the school to schedule frequent weekend activities there.
|Academic Orientation||College Preparatory|
|Grade Range||Boarding — Coed Grades 7-PG; Day — Coed 6-PG|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||541 Long Beach Rd, St James, NY 11780|
|Administrator||Thad Andrew Gaebelein|