The Hun School of Princeton
176 Edgerstoune Rd, Princeton, NJ 08540
The school was established as the Princeton Math School by John Gale Hun, an assistant professor of mathematics at Princeton University, and it originally met in a few small rooms near the university campus. The program's founding goal was to tutor Princeton University undergraduates. By 1925, when the school assumed its present name, it had evolved into a college preparatory institution with boarding facilities. Hun moved to its present location, a 45-acre campus just west of the university, in 1942. Girls were first enrolled as day students in 1971 and as boarders in 1975. The middle school was established in 1973, and grade 6 was added in 1977. The traditional curriculum includes foreign language and fine arts requirements, electives and interdisciplinary courses. Advanced Placement and honors courses are provided in all disciplines. The fine and performing arts are an integral part of a Hun education; in addition to completing course work in the arts, all students attend arts assemblies during the year. Boys and girls satisfy the following community service requirements: 10 hours per year in grades 9 and 10, 15 hours in grade 11, and 20 hours in both grade 12 and postgraduate year. A program for students of above-average ability having specific, diagnosed learning differences is also available (for an additional fee).
|Academic Orientation||College Preparatory|
|Grade Range||Boarding — Coed Grades 9-PG; Day — Coed 6-PG|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||176 Edgerstoune Rd, Princeton, NJ 08540|
|Administrator||Jonathan G. Brougham|