The English College in Prague

Sokolovska 320, Vysocany, 190 00 Prague, 9 Czech Republic

This six-year, English-style school serves a student body that is 80 percent Czech; the remaining 20 percent enrolling from roughly 20 different countries. English College conducts two programs, one Czech and one international. Both streams follow the IGCSE and IB Diploma curricula, with the difference being the teaching of native languages. The Czech program, though largely taught in English, provides Czech as the first language and English as the second at IGCSE level, while the international program uses English as the sole language of instruction. All international students take Czech language courses for their first three years at the school.

General Information

Academic OrientationCollege Prep, IB Diploma
Grade RangeDay — Coed Grades 7-12
Coed, Boys, or GirlsCoed
Full AddressSokolovska 320, Vysocany, 190 00 Prague, 9 Czech Republic
Telephone420-283893113
Fax420-283890118
Year Established1994
Legal StatusNonprofit
Religious Affiliation(None)
AdministratorMark Waldron
Total Enrollment380
Day Students380
Boys180
Girls200
International Baccalaureate ProgramsDiploma
Win $1,000
for school!
Register here
Follow PSSearch on Twitter