The Branson School
39 Fernhill Ave, PO Box 887, Ross, CA 94957
In 1920, Katharine F. Branson reorganized the Little Gray School, established in 1917 in San Rafael, California. Renamed the Katherine Branson School, in 1922 the school moved to its present location in Ross. KBS trustees in 1972 established Mount Tamalpais School, a coordinate day program for boys on the KBS campus, and in 1985 the schools were united under the name The Branson School. The campus is located on 17 wooded acres, 15 miles north of San Francisco. The college preparatory curriculum offers Advanced Placement and other rigorous courses, a wide selection of termlong electives, fine arts programs, independent study and a five-week work-study intern program for all seniors. Educational technology includes wireless Internet access across campus and multimedia projection systems in every classroom. Boys and girls perform 15 hours of required computer service in grade 9, 25 hours per year in grades 10-12.
|Academic Orientation||College Preparatory|
|Grade Range||Day — Coed Grades 9-12|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||39 Fernhill Ave, PO Box 887, Ross, CA 94957|
|Administrator||Thomas W. Price|