St. Timothy's School

8400 Greenspring Ave, Stevenson, MD 21153

The school, founded in Catonsville by the Misses Sally and Polly Carter, moved to its present, rural site in the Green Spring Valley in 1951. In 1974, St. Tim's merged with the Hannah More Academy, which, founded in 1832, was the oldest Episcopal girls' school in the country. Named after the Englishwoman who had pioneered for girls' education, Hannah More Academy had served as the diocesan school since 1873. Effective with the merger was the transfer of all school activities to the St. Tim's campus. St. Timothy's academic program prepares students to pursue the International Baccalaureate Diploma, which includes a 150-hour community service requirement. The two-week Winterim enables girls to break from the regular curriculum and choose from leadership, government, political and international experiences. The school schedules an international trip each summer. All girls participate in sports. Among the athletic options is an equestrian program that accommodates both competitive and noncompetitive riders. Students take part in various school organizations, including a social services club that provides opportunities for volunteerism. Extensive cultural and social options, among them concerts, mixers and outdoor activities, round out the program.

General Information

Academic OrientationCollege Preparatory, IB Diploma
Grade RangeBoarding and Day — Girls Grades 9-12
Coed, Boys, or GirlsGirls
Full Address8400 Greenspring Ave, Stevenson, MD 21153
Telephone410-486-7401
Fax410-486-1167
Year Established1882
Legal StatusNonprofit
Religious AffiliationEpiscopal
AdministratorRandy S. Stevens
Applications DueFebruary
Total Enrollment157
Boarding Students117
Day Students40
Girls157
International Baccalaureate ProgramsDiploma
Win $1,000
for school!
Register here
Follow PSSearch on Twitter