St. Mark's School of Texas
10600 Preston Rd, Dallas, TX 75230
Texas Country Day School (founded in 1933) and Cathedral School for Boys (established in 1946), formerly the Terrill School (opened in 1906), consolidated in 1950 to form St. Mark's School. Though the school itself is nondenominational, chapel affiliation is with the Episcopal Church. After decades of serving residential students, the school closed its boarding division in 1959, permitting a larger day enrollment. Instruction in computers and Spanish begins in first grade; students take Spanish in grades 5 and 6 and choose from Chinese, Latin and Spanish in grades 7 and 8. The humanities program integrates language arts, social studies and study skills in grades 4-8, and a senior humanities course combines Advanced Placement English and European history. The program is complemented by electives in the creative, media and industrial arts, independent tutorials at students' request and a cocurricular program with the Hockaday School. All boys entering grade 9 spend 10 days in August in the Pecos Wilderness. Six-week summer study/travel programs to France, Spain and Mexico are available. Upper school boys complete an annual requirement of 15 hours of community service.
|Academic Orientation||College Preparatory|
|Grade Range||Day — Boys Grades 1-12|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Boys|
|Full Address||10600 Preston Rd, Dallas, TX 75230|
|Administrator||Arnold E. Holtberg|