St. Edmund's Academy
5705 Darlington Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Founded as Ascension Academy, a boys' school, St. Edmund's became coeducational in 1983. The school's present name was adopted in 1952 and, after moving several times in its early years, St. Edmund's assumed its current location in the city's Squirrel Hill section in 1955. The school's traditional high school preparatory curriculum stresses academic and social development. The course of studies in grades 1-4 focuses on language arts for half of each school day. French and Spanish begin in grade 5, while compulsory Latin courses start in grade 7. Computer instruction commences in prekindergarten, and St. Edmund's maintains mobile laptop computer labs in grades 5-8. Each grade designs and carries out an annual community service project. The school conducts a nonsectarian chapel service each week.
|Academic Orientation||Pre-Preparatory, General Academic|
|Grade Range||Day — Coed Grades PS (Age 3)-8|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||5705 Darlington Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15217|
|Administrator||William L. Kindler|