Sage Hill School
20402 Newport Coast Dr, Newport Coast, CA 92657Contact School E-mail the School Visit School's Website
Sage Hill School’s commitment to academic excellence, outstanding college preparation, and unwavering dedication to a public purpose provide a transformative experience for our students. We inspire a love of learning in our students and the ability to use that knowledge creatively, compassionately, and courageously throughout their lives.
Situated on a beautiful thirty-acre, ocean-view campus in Newport Coast, California, Sage Hill School is Orange County’s only non-profit, non-sectarian, independent college preparatory high school. Our small classes, rigorous academic program, and extensive educational opportunities beyond the traditional classroom engage our students’ passions and teach them to be lifelong learners and innovative leaders.
- Our broad curriculum also includes more than 30 accelerated/AP courses in every discipline, advanced elective offerings, and opportunities for independent research.
- Our average class size of 15 facilitates close relationships with our world-class faculty.
- Our 38:1 student-to-college-counselor ratio ensures that each student receives highly personalized guidance to find the best college fit.
- Our state-of-the-art Studio at Sage Hill allows students to hone their crafts within seven different arts disciplines and offers exceptional space for student and professional performances.
- Our nationally recognized Service Learning Program is fully integrated within our curriculum and allows students to leverage their classroom experience to benefit the community beyond Sage Hill.
- Our unique, year-end Spring at Sage program allows students to pursue their passions in intensive seminars, with independent projects, or through Global Experiences.
- School accreditations: NAIS, WASC.
|Academic Orientation||College Preparatory|
|Grade Range||Day — Coed Grades 9-12|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||20402 Newport Coast Dr, Newport Coast, CA 92657|
Tuition & Financial Aid
|Day Tuition||$31,770; estimated extras $1000-3000|
|Need-Based Scholarships Awarded||66|
|Value of Need-Based Scholarships||$1,862,760|
Academics & Athletics
|Advanced Placement Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, English Literature, Environmental Science, French, Music Theory, Physics B, Physics C, Spanish, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art, US Government & Politics, US History, World History|
|Summer Session||Academic Enrichment Review Recreational. 5 weeks|
|Interscholastic Boys' & Girls' Sports||Basketball, Cross-country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Volleyball, Water Polo|
|Interscholastic Boys' Sports||Baseball, Football|
|Graduate Reference Year||2012|
|Graduates Attending College/Nonpublic Secondary School||97|
|Most Common Graduate Destinations||USC 6, Stanford 5, SMU 3, Chapman 3, NYU 3, U of San Francisco 3|
|Average Math SAT||641|
|Average Critical Reading SAT||634|
|Average Writing SAT||645|
|Mid-50 Percentile Math SAT||570-700|
|Mid-50 Percentile Critical Reading SAT||550-720|
|Mid-50 Percentile Writing SAT||570-710|
|ACT Mid-50 Percentile||25-30|
|Tests Used for Admission||ISEE|
|Administrator||Gordon J. McNeill|
|Administrator's Title||Head of School|
|In Office Since||2008|
|Administrator's Credentials||BA, Univ of California-San Diego, MA, Columbia Univ|
|Director(s) of Admissions||Elaine Mijalis-Kahn, Director of Admission & Financial Aid|
Enrollment & Faculty
|Secondary Enrollment (Grades 9-PG)||470|
|Student Body Ethnicity||White 47%, Latino 10%, African-American 2%, Native American 1%, Asian 29%, Other 11%|
|Average Class Size||15|
|Faculty with Advanced Degrees (%)||53|
|Male Teaching Faculty||22|
|Female Teaching Faculty||25|
|Faculty Ethnicity||White 82%, Latino 6%, Asian 6%, Other 6%|
Campus & Endowment