St. Peter's School
319 Lombard St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
The school was established as a parish school for the girls of St. Peter's Church by Bishop William White, bishop to the Continental Congress during the Revolutionary War. In the following years it became coeducational, and from 1904 to 1964 it was a renowned boys' choir school for St. Peter's Episcopal Church. St. Peter's incorporated independently of the church in 1969 and grew from a student body of 89 to its present size. Students of all economic backgrounds, races and religions enroll from the Metropolitan Philadelphia area. The traditional academic program emphasizes literature, mathematics, history and science, and St. Peter's requires students to take part in music, art, physical education and technology courses. The school takes full advantage of surrounding cultural and historic institutions, while offering field trips to the New Jersey Shore and the Pennsylvania mountains.
|Grade Range||Day — Coed Grades PS (Age 3)-8|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||319 Lombard St, Philadelphia, PA 19147|