Oregon Episcopal School
6300 SW Nicol Rd, Portland, OR 97223
The school traces its origin to a pioneer institution founded by the Episcopal Church in 1861. In 1869, St. Helens Hall for girls was formally established by Bishop Benjamin Wistar Morris and Miss Mary Rodney. From 1903 to 1944, it was directed by the Episcopal Sisters of St. John Baptist. In 1965, after St. Helens Hall had relocated to its present, 59-acre campus, Bishop Dagwell Hall for boys was added as a coordinate institution. In 1968, the two schools merged as Oregon Episcopal School, becoming fully coeducational in 1972. Educational objectives and admissions criteria are demanding, and students are prepared for college through a balanced curriculum in English, history, math, science, foreign languages and religion/philosophy. Global studies are emphasized, and English as a Second Language is offered to international pupils. All students participate in an age-appropriate service program; boys and girls perform 120 hours of service prior to graduation. Art, music, drama and sports are an integral part of the overall program, with cocurricular activities offered in many areas. OES integrates an outdoor/experiential program into the curriculum, and an on-campus wetland area is used as a field biology lab.
|Academic Orientation||College Preparatory|
|Grade Range||Boarding — Coed Grades 9-12; Day — Coed PS (Age 4)-12|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||6300 SW Nicol Rd, Portland, OR 97223|