Noble and Greenough School
10 Campus Dr, Dedham, MA 02026
Established on Beacon Hill by George W. C. Noble, who was joined after a quarter of a century by James J. Greenough, this school originally tutored students for entrance to Harvard. Although some continue to enter Harvard, others attend such institutions as Dartmouth, Princeton, Middlebury and Williams. In 1892, the school changed its name to Noble and Greenough. After absorbing the Volkmann School in 1917, the school relocated to Dedham in 1922. Nobles' college preparatory academic program offers a broad range of courses, including interdisciplinary history electives and options for independent study. The required afternoon program comprises athletics, community service, the arts, outdoor education and independent projects. Students may participate in study-abroad and service-learning programs in Spain, France, South Africa, China and Japan, or in the Chewonki Semester School program or School Year Abroad.
|Academic Orientation||College Preparatory|
|Grade Range||Boarding — Coed Grades 9-12; Day — Coed 7-12|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||10 Campus Dr, Dedham, MA 02026|
|Administrator||Robert P. Henderson, Jr.|