MMI Preparatory School
154 Centre St, Freeland, PA 18224
Founded by Eckley B. Coxe as the Mining and Mechanical Institute, an evening school for miners, the school became a college preparatory day school in 1902. In 1970, the school instituted coeducation and the present name was adopted. In 1977, a middle school was added as the result of an expressed community need, and the school first offered grade 6 in 1999. Today, MMI offers students a traditional college preparatory education. Utilizing a developmental approach, the school provides a sequence of classes that proceeds from a general review of topics to highly specialized offerings during the junior and senior years. Electives designed to enrich the college preparatory program complement major academic classes.
|Academic Orientation||College Preparatory|
|Grade Range||Day — Coed Grades 6-12|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||154 Centre St, Freeland, PA 18224|
|Administrator||Thomas G. Hood|