King Low Heywood Thomas
1450 Newfield Ave, Stamford, CT 06905
In 1988, the Low-Heywood Thomas School for girls (founded in 1865) and the King School for boys (founded in 1875) consolidated. The two schools had been located on adjacent campuses, and the resulting coeducational school continues to occupy the combined 36-acre area in North Stamford. The school's curriculum emphasizes the liberal arts and sciences, including English, foreign languages, mathematics, history, biology, chemistry, physics and computer science, with Advanced Placement courses in all major subjects. In addition, King conducts academic enrichment classes in the lower, middle and upper schools. Small classes and individual attention prepare graduates for entrance to competitive colleges. Students in grade 8 perform 12 hours of required community service.
|Academic Orientation||College Preparatory|
|Grade Range||Day — Coed Grades PS (Age 4)-12|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||1450 Newfield Ave, Stamford, CT 06905|
|Administrator||Thomas B. Main|