Falk Laboratory School
4060 Allequippa St, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Now a laboratory school on the campus of the University of Pittsburgh, Falk grew out of the Community School, established in 1922, and was presented to the university by Leon Falk, Jr. in 1931. Originally designated as a progressive, experimental school for demonstration purposes, Falk's current mission includes educational research, the development of innovative teaching practices and in-service education of experienced teachers. The nongraded curriculum provides advanced work for those who exhibit the ability. Inquiry-based language arts instruction includes a three-year focus on research, analysis of media and media texts and self-designed reading studies. An environmental education strand runs throughout the middle school and culminates in an annual four-day trip to an environmental awareness center.
|Academic Orientation||General Academic|
|Grade Range||Day — Coed Grades K-8|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||4060 Allequippa St, Pittsburgh, PA 15261|