1300 Academy Rd, Box 157, Culver, IN 46511
Culver Military Academy was founded by Henry Harrison Culver of St. Louis, MO, as a selective military academy for boys. His stated purpose at that time was that of "thoroughly preparing young men for the best colleges, scientific schools, and businesses of America," and he believed that a system of military discipline would best accomplish his objective. In 1896, a fire at Missouri Military Academy resulted in its consolidation with Culver. Col. Alexander F. Fleet, Missouri Military's headmaster at that time, assumed command of the newly formed school and led a period of significant progress at Culver. By 1939, under the leadership of Gen. Leigh Gignilliat, the school had achieved national and international prominence. Girls first enrolled at the school in 1971, when Culver Girls Academy was founded on the same campus. Unlike the boys' division, the girls' leadership program is based on the classical British prefect system. Classes at the school are coeducational. Graduates in recent years have attended more than 200 colleges throughout the country. The extensive curriculum provides Advanced Placement courses, as well as independent study options and a variety of elective courses. In addition to academic preparation for college, the academies stress self-discipline and leadership skills for all pupils. All seniors satisfy a 30-hour community service requirement. Culver's 1800-acre campus provides many athletic and extracurricular opportunities. Both boys and girls choose from various varsity sports, and intramural athletics are offered for those not involved in interscholastic competition. Religious, athletic, hobby and student groups are also available. During the summer, Culver conducts programs in sailing, horsemanship, aquatics and athletics for girls and boys ages 9-17.
- Military Program
|Academic Orientation||College Preparatory, Military|
|Grade Range||Boarding and Day — Coed Grades 9-PG|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||1300 Academy Rd, Box 157, Culver, IN 46511|