433 W End Ave, New York, NY 10024
Founded by Laura Jacobi as the Jacobi School for Girls, the school assumed its present name in 1924, while under the leadership of Mary E. Calhoun. The school became coeducational in 1971. From its beginnings, it has been a college preparatory institution located on Manhattan's Upper West Side. A second West Side campus on 74th Street hosts three-year-old through first grade programs. The curriculum reflects a progressive, interdisciplinary approach and allows for individualization through independent study projects and enrichment activities. A strong advisory system supports students in all areas of school life. Other distinctive features include active studio art and theater programs; computer literacy requirements; a student exchange program; a 60-hour community service graduation requirement; leadership and peer tutoring programs; and an extensive extracurricular program.
|Academic Orientation||College Preparatory|
|Grade Range||Day — Coed Grades PS (Age 3)-12|
|Coed, Boys, or Girls||Coed|
|Full Address||433 W End Ave, New York, NY 10024|
|Other Locations||160 W 74th St, New York 10023|
|Administrator||Steven J. Nelson|